Riverside County Fire Explorers
Riverside County Fire Department Fire Explorer Program is a youth program
organized through 'Learning For Life'. The program is designed to allow male and
female youth, between the ages of 14 and 20, to explore a career in the fire
service. The explorers receive training similar to volunteer and professional
firefighters, including basic fire chemistry, hose evolutions, ladder
operations, medical and CPR training, hazardous materials, and auto extrication.
The training program is intense and demanding, however the rewards are increased
character and the understanding of what it takes to pursue a career in the fire
Fire Explorers receive the
- The opportunity to learn teamwork and leadership skills
- High School credits
- Competitive activities at Fire Explorer Musters
- Challenge, Hard Work, Fun, and Friendship!
- Between 14 and 20 years old
- Completion of the 8th grade
- 2.0 or better grade point average
- Contact the closest Explorer Post
- Submit an Application
- Personal Interview
- Physical Exam (your doctor)
- Physical Agility Test
Existing Fire Explorer Posts:
Fire Explorer Opportunities exist in many locations throughout Riverside County. Click the location that interests you under 'Fire Explorer Posts' at the right.